Monday, June 30, 2008

back home

I've needed to end my walking a few days early. Rick had gotten me from Portsmouth and brought me back home before I was to head for a last few days in the northern end of the state (Woodsville to Lisbon to Littleton). Instead of heading north, I've decided that the better wisdom is to pay attention to the heaviness in my chest and the asthma issues it raises. I will take chances in this life, but as much as possible they will always be measured ones. I know myself and my asthma enough to know that this was a time to not be out walking.

So instead, I'm home early. I am sorry to be missing the northern loop of this journey. It is an area where life is so different than in the southern, larger towns.

But, I've still got lots of notes, lots of experiences, lots of thoughts, that I wasn't able to blog about earlier. You'll still hear more from the June walk, even as I move into the next period of this sabbatical.

No comments: